Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The sad Snowman ......and a happy ending

SNOW SNOW  ! ! 
Arthur and Ginny hurried outside with their new sleigh !
Wow Arthur, look at this white world, it's a pity Higgins couldn't join us, he had to help Uncle Ukki.
Wait Arthur ! Do you hear that ?
They heard a woefully sound, it was like a sad song. 
They listened carefully and yes the sound came out of a cave nearby .
Oh my goodness ! There stood a Snowman singing a very very sad song. . .
What's the matter mister Snowman ?
And then he started to tell his story. . . . . .

♫ I came from the heavens as snow
                                             you know
    I fell on the ground, just looking at the sky
    Then a little boy passes by
♫ He made me, I think it was yesterday
    when he was finished, he ran away
♫ If snow becomes a snowman
    you are born again
   Now I have eyes for sight
    to see this world's delight
♫ But I wish I was in another place
    instead of this tiny space
♫ I'm standing in this little hole
    I might just have been snow under someone's sole
♫ I'm all alone, nothing to see
    Even the stars can't smile down on me
♫ I have never seen the moon
    And I will be melting soon
♫ So, no memories to share with Mother Earth
   What has my life been worth ?
The poor Snowman cried a big icicle  
His head and arms hang down 

 Oh mister Snowman, I know what to do !
Wait a sec, I'll be right back ! 
They ran and ran as fast as their little legs could carry them. 
Before the Snowman could blow his carrot nose he saw a merry parade coming his way !
Mister Snowman, here is something beautiful to look at and we brought you a little friend of us to keep you company.
His name is Duff and he is a bear so he likes being in a cave and don't mind snow.
He will be your friend until you melt !
The Snowman couldn't believe his little charcoal eyes.
That was the most beautiful tree to see ! And this little bear wants to be friends !
When Arthur and Ginny went back home the Snowman had a big smile and he and Duff waved them goodbye .

Little Duff is made by Sharon:
http://folksy.com/shops/riamelin


Little mice by Barby Anderson : 
http://www.etsy.com/shop/barby303?ref=seller_info 

18 comments:

  1. Helen, it's a true Christmas story with adorable characters

    marita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marita, You are so kind :-) Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful!
    Delicious!
    Great!
    Magical!
    I am happy to read a good story !))))

    Katya :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I have missed reading your wonderful stories! I love love love your snowman and all his different expressions. I felt so sorry for him while reading, but I am so glad that little Duff can be his friend and stay with him for as long as he is needed! Hooray for the quick thinking mice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katya: I'm happy you like the story!

    Sharon, your Duff is such a sweet little bear. He volunteered immediately to stay in the cave with the Snowman :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how sweet. I do love a good mouse/snowman story. Glad all turned out so well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for including him Helen, it makes me really happy to read your stories! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Robin Joy Andrea, your comment disappeared but I've read it on my mail,
    Thank you !
    Wasn't easy , rhyme in English :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely!!! I willdefinitely have my grandchildren begin reading Pip soon!! the story and characters are outstanding!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwwww...Helen your story is so sweet! I love it. And to think you made a rhyme in English is beyond amazing! And it is a wonderful rhyme and all ended so well with darling Duff! The mice I know were thrilled to help. :) What a delightful story for us all during the holidays. You truly are a wonderful story teller, and poet, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. PS---Mike just read your story and thought it was so cute too, he said "She should make it into a book!"

    ReplyDelete
  12. Little Duff will be able to tell the sweet Snowman of the wondrous sights outside in the World. He can tell the Snowman stories and share Christmas with him.He will fill the Snowman's heart with experiences and adventures and when it is time for the melting, the place where the Snowman stood will be blessed. Oh Helen..Yes, your stories should be books! I am always thrilled to read them and the characters are ever-lasting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Little Duff will be able to tell the sweet Snowman of the wondrous sights outside in the World. He can tell the Snowman stories and share Christmas with him.He will fill the Snowman's heart with experiences and adventures and when it is time for the melting, the place where the Snowman stood will be blessed. Oh Helen..Yes, your stories should be books! I am always thrilled to read them and the characters are ever-lasting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Barby, April and Dees Thank you so much , I love to hear your comments !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Helen, adorable Christmas story!:DD

    ReplyDelete