Monday, December 19, 2011

The Sandman . . . .

Uncle Ukki had some visitors the last couple of days. 
It was the Sandman and his donkey !
It wasn't just a friend's visit, Sandman's donkey Suzanne had a little problem and Uncle Ukki is an expert on animal behaviour so the Sandman needed his help.
Uncle Ukki and his assistant little  Higgins had to train Suzanne every year how to fly when there is fireworks in the sky. Well actually, they hypnotize her so she wouldn't be afraid. 
In the meanwhile Mr. Sandman flies around on an owl, which is great of course but not as comfy as his own little Suzanne.
Everybody thinks the Sandman is only at work at night but now I've seen what a busy schedule he has.
There are many people ( children) and animals who sleep during daytime and I had the opportunity to take his photo while in action !
Hahahaaa Pinky had no idea !
I was not allowed to take a photo of Suzanne until Uncle Ukki and Higgins were ready with her "training" but they promised she would be ready by the end of this week.

Helen X

21 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Helen! Your Sandman is wonderful! I love him! I see he has already thrown some sand into Pinky's eyes. :) I will be watching for your delightful Suzanne donkey too! Oh how charming!!!

    Merry Christmas my friend!

    Barby

    ReplyDelete
  2. У вас как в сказке. Посмотрите он зовет нас к себе в гости, так и манит пальчиком. Сказочный дедушка в колпачке хочет показать нам свое волшебство. Скоро Рождество и так хочется чуда!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elena: знаю дрема? Он бросает сна песка в глазах детей :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love him! Sweet dreams miss Pinky :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhhhhhh Ik vind the sandman helemaal het einde!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. kom je ook eens bij mij ;-), slaap ik ook eens als een roosje!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is wonderful and Pinky is so sweet, she looks like she's having lovely dreams! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is darling Pinky! This so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Helen, what can I say? Your Mr.Sandman is so beautiful!!! Great work

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are a Magic Maker! You make Dreams and Stories come true! I am so proud and thankful to call you a dear friend! Merry Christmas, Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you ladies !
    April, this is so lovely to hear! And that goes for me too !!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an imagination you have Helen! Doll artist, story teller.... such talent! Thanks for sharing. I love Pinky! Come visit me sometime! Merry Christmas! Sue

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aaaw thank you Sue, I would love to come to the US someday !!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love him Helen. Pinky is so darling!:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. PINKY! I love you ........THIS........MUCH


    :-} Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aaaaaaw, you girls are the sweetest !!! Ina, Carolyn,Lorraine !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your welcome. I love what you are doing :)

    We march to a creative drum (a mysterious thing)

    HUGS Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lorraine, isn't that wonderful ? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. :) Helen YES. I love how some of it is in our hands, and some of it is out of our hands, makes the creating more enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete